Davisville League Team Rules
Davisville League Team Rules have been implemented to ensure that all members have an enjoyable experience at our club. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules before playing any DTC event. All rulings made by the Teams and Tournament Director are final. For a list of the complete Intercounty rules please consult the Intercounty Website.
- Players must be available to play most of the days when the League Team competes.
- Mixed Majors Doubles Team plays on Tuesday nights.
- Mixed A Doubles Team plays on Thursday nights.
- Mixed C Doubles Team plays on Thursday nights.
- Daytime Ladies C Doubles Team plays on Wednesday mornings.
- Players who play on the Mixed Majors Doubles Team are generally rated 4.5 or above. Players on the Mixed A Doubles Team are generally rated 4.0 and above. Players on the Mixed C Doubles Team must have a rating of 4.5 or below (AGM Motion 2010). There are no level restrictions for the Daytime Ladies C Doubles Team.
- Players must attend at least one Intercounty tryout to play for any of Davisville’s Intercounty Teams. If a player does not attend a tryout he/she cannot make any team.
- Not withstanding the previous statement, a player may have the ability to make a team if:
- The player can prove he or she was not present in the city.
- The player can prove that he or she was injured at the tryout time.
Team Selection Criteria
- The Club Pro chooses the Intercounty Teams (AGM Motion 2006).
- The Club Pro uses the following criteria:
- Previous results in Intercounty and club tournaments, if applicable
- Attendance at pre-season try-outs
- Discretion of Club Pro
- Each of the Davisville Mixed Intercounty Teams will consist of 12 men and 6 women (AGM Motion 2010)
- The Daytime Ladies C Doubles Team will consist of 9 women.
- There will be one meeting held prior to Intercounty Tryouts. This meeting will include the Club Pro(s), the Teams and Tournaments Director, and anyone else that both the Club Pro and Teams and Tournament Director agree on inviting.
- There will be a meeting held after each Intercounty Tryout round. These meetings will include the Club Pro, the Teams and Tournaments Director, the Teams and Tournament Chair (if available), and anyone else that both the Club Pro and Teams and Tournament Director agree on inviting.
- There will be a meeting held after the final Intercounty Tryout round in each division of play. This meeting is held to determine the players that were selected for a particular Intercounty Team. The meeting will include the Club Pro, the Teams and Tournaments Director, the Teams and Tournament Chair (if available), and anyone else that both the Club Pro and Teams and Tournament Director agree on inviting.
- If the Club Pro(s) chooses to have certain players called back on “if necessary” or other unspecified days, the Teams and Tournaments Director, or any individual assigned by the Teams and Tournaments Director, will inform these individuals by phone. These individuals will be informed at least 12 hours prior to the new tryout date. If a called back player is unable to attend the new tryout date set by the Club Pro(s), the call backed player’s record over the prior tryouts that season will be used. It is highly recommended that a called back player attend a tryout session that the Club Pro(s) arrange.
- After the final round, all players will be contacted via email or phone to be informed whether or not he/she made a certain League Team.
- Final decisions will be also posted in the clubhouse and on the website.
- Any member of the Davisville Tennis Club has the right to run for captaincy of a League Team.
- Those who choose to run for the position will be reported to the League Team he/she chooses to run for.
- The League Team decides whom to elect as their captain. (Elected based on which player has the most votes. If more than one person has the same amount of votes there will be either a re-election, if more than 2 people, or a double team captaincy) AGM Motion 2006
- If no Davisville Tennis Club member runs for captaincy for a League Team, the Teams and Tournament Director will be in charge of that particular League Team.
- The captain is in charge of deciding who will play each week, with whom, and which time slot.
- The captain must make their best effort to inform all league team players of the schedule two days prior to a match.
- The captain is also in charge of food for all home matches.
- Players have only 7 minutes to warm-up.
- Each match is best out of 3 sets. If Intercounty Mixed Teams are tied 1-1 in sets, teams will play a full third set except in certain circumstances.
- Tie-breaker at six all.
- Server is allowed 25 seconds between points.
- 90-second rest after third game of set and every two games thereafter.
- 90-second break between first and second set and a 5-minute break between the second and third set.
- The following link provides access to the full Mixed League Rules http://www.intercountytennis.com/upload/docs/2015MixedLeagueRules1.pdf
- Teams wishing to have weekly practices can speak to the Teams and Tournaments director who will bring the idea to the board for discussion and decisions.
- There is a fee for anyone who tries out
- For those who make the team there is an additional fee to cover the cost of food
- The Davisville Tennis Club’s Dress Code is in effect. Anyone not following the dress code will not be allowed to play.
- Unsportsmanlike is not tolerated on any of the League Teams as behavior reflects the Davisville Tennis Club as a whole.
- Conduct considered to be unsportsmanlike may result in the removal of that player from either Team Tryouts or a League Team.