Tips for Registering Children
Normally, all children playing or learning on the DTC courts during non-public hours need to be a member of the club, whether they are playing with other members, or taking part in the summer camps offered by our pro. The one exception (in 2021) is the Spring or Fall 4-5pm after-school programs. Memberships are good for the entire season, and also grants court booking privileges.
Court Reserve is the member management and court booking system used by DTC. Court Reserve does have some limitations in how accounts may be set up, so this page offers a few tips (in explicit detail) for registering your child in the system and signing them up for a Junior membership.
Setting up the Family Structure
If you are an adult who wants to register one or more children at DTC, then the best option is to set up a family structure in Court Reserve. There will be an account for yourself (with no tennis playing privileges unless you are already a member at DTC), and then an attached account for each child, with a membership added to each child account. As a parent, you can manage the whole family, including making payments.
To set up the family structure:
- go to the Court Reserve portal.
- click on the green “Create Account” button on the upper left, and create an account for yourself.
- after you have created your account, you will be shown a list of available membership types in Court Reserve. The only one applicable to you as a non-member adult parent of a child member at DTC, is called “Non-Member Adult”. As described on-screen, signing up for this Court Reserve membership does not make you a DTC member or confer playing privileges, but it does identify you as the parent of a child member, and allows additional control over your children’s accounts.
- click on the green “Join Plan” button inside the “Non-Member Adult” box, then click on “Subscribe to This Plan”.
- now hover your cursor over your name in the upper right corner, to show the Profile menu, and then click on “My Family”. You’ll see that currently your family in the system has only one member defined, i.e. yourself.
- now use the “+Add New Family Member” button on the upper right to add your first child. Normally the “Family Role” field should be set to “Child” unless you want them to have full access to the family account including billing info.
- note that you may allow your child to have login and court booking privileges, it’s up to you. If you do allow the child to log in, you do NOT have to provide an email address for them if you do not want to or do not have one, they can log in just with the username you provide.
- note that after you have added the child. and if you have picked a membership for them during this process, you will be taken to a payment screen. You do NOT have to pay now if you have other children to add; it’s possible to pay for them all together. If this is the case, simply go back to the profile menu on the upper right and click on “My Family” to go back to the Family page, instead of completing the payment screen.
Adding Memberships to Child Accounts
If you already added the appropriate memberships to each child’s account when you set up each child, then you skip this section.
Otherwise, go back to the “My Family” screen and use the blue “Purchase Membership” membership button beside each child’s name, to select an appropriate membership for the child.
Note that after you have selected a membership for a child, you will be taken to a payment screen. You do NOT have to pay now if you have other children to add; it’s possible to pay for them all together. If this is the case, simply click on the “My Family” link on the left side of the screen to go back to the Family page, instead of completing the payment.
Paying for the Memberships
To do this:
- go to the “Billing” section of you account profile
- click on “Transactions”. You should be able to see your family balance
- in the “Unpaid fees” tab, you will see all the fees that are currently outstanding
- click on one of the “Pay” buttons beside one of the fees. On the following screen, you will be able to pay this fee individually, or more likely, you will want to use the “Add to invoice” button to add all the fees to the same invoice so you can pay everything together